If you are passionate about helping small businesses grow, check out our open positions:
Business Development Officer, Financial Services
Are you a bright, motivated person looking to expand on your sales & marketing experience within a financial services company? Do you have the drive and ambition to work at an exciting company providing a valuable service to small businesses? Capital Access Group might be the place for you!
Capital Access Group provides commercial real estate financing for small to medium-sized businesses. We have a dedicated team of Business Development Officers and Loan Officers that enable businesses to grow and succeed with financial assistance from the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 504 Loan Program.
The Business Development Officer will work with the Director of Marketing and Business Development Officers in managing projects, communicating with referral sources and borrowers, and in formulating advertising and marketing strategies. The Business Development Officer will also be responsible for generating new commercial real estate business from sources outside of the company, in addition to expanding the Capital Access Group brand and furthering relationships of the company. We are looking for an energetic self-starter who can build upon the marketing strategy already in place and bring new ideas to the Company.
The Business Development Officer MUST be able to multi-task, work without supervision, and be able to handle a multitude of responsibilities including on-the-spot problem solving.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Officer will include:
• Developing new business, including marketing and actively promoting the Company and its services to retain and grow current client base of real estate brokers, bankers and other referral sources through telephone consulting, events, and in-person calling.
• Keeping the contact database current at all times through performing continuous updates.
• Facilitating and monitoring the loan process from application through closing stages including coordinating time- sensitive activities between referral sources of lending partners, vendors, and the client.
• Seeking out press opportunities for the Company and for clients.
• Researching and helping to create marketing initiatives for the Company.
• Meeting with prospective loan applicants to complete loan applications and obtaining preliminary loan documentation.
• Reviewing Pipeline and follow-up with clients and referral sources to ensure satisfaction and strengthen the relationship.
• Attending events to promote business and demonstrate the Company’s presence as a leading SBA lender.
• High level of organizational, tactical and communication skills- MUST be able to multi-task
• Flexible and always willing to help out with whatever comes up
• Microsoft Office working experience
• Knowledge of local real estate market and/or banking industry a plus
• SBA experience a plus
• Minimum 2-3 years of sales experience
• Demonstrated record of self-generating sales leads a plus
• Lending experience a plus
• Commensurate with experience