If you are passionate about helping small businesses grow, check out our open positions:
Loan Underwriter – San Francisco Office, Financial District
Capital Access Group has a high-growth opportunity for a full-time Loan Underwriter who wants to grow their career with a financial services company that has been helping small businesses grow and thrive for 40 years. Capital Access Group, a leading U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 504 loan program lender headquartered in the financial district of San Francisco, is seeking a credit-experienced individual to join our expert team as a full-time Commercial Loan Underwriter.
The qualified candidate will apply and analyze various financial measures of operating soundness to assess repayment ability of applicant businesses. Analyses will be performed to applicants’ businesses and affiliates financial statements, related business schedules, industry comparisons, real estate appraisals, environmental condition reports and ensuring all other program eligibility requirements are met.
The Underwriter will prepare a repayment analysis and write-up in format and report content meeting SBA specificitivity. The write-up will first be reviewed by the Chief Credit Officer before submitting to SBA for final loan approval. Other responsibilities may include communicating and coordinating among transaction parties.
The successful candidate will possess a working experience with interpreting financial performances and applying analytical skills and tools.
Salary will be commensurate with level of demonstrated experience.
• Two or more years in commercial financing field analyzing private businesses’ cash flow and other operational performances.
• Meticulous accuracy in underwriting concurrent business applications’ financial and other non-quantitative information.
• Excellent communication skills in corresponding with business applicants, discussing with senior management and, as arises, interacting with other transaction constituents.
• Ability to efficiently progress and complete analyses of borrowers’ performances under various time requirements.
• Ability to work equally well in both independent and collaborative situations.
• Experience in SBA real estate financing programs a plus.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or comparable vocational degree.
Interested candidates should submit their resume in pdf format to email@example.com.